Fancy getting some cheap framed prints? Click Here!
Posters I like!
More Posters Than Before!
Short-cuts to the posters!
||This store brought to you by
A few quotations on the subject of pictures in general.
- We should get into the habit of reading inspirational books, looking at inspirational pictures, hearing inspirational music, associating with inspirational friends. - Alfred A. Montapert
- A strange thing is memory, and hope; one looks backward, and the other forward; one is of today, the other of tomorrow. Memory is history recorded in our brain, memory is a painter, it paints pictures of the past and of the day. - Anna Mary Robertson Moses
- Transport of the mails, transport of the human voice, transport of flickering pictures - in this century, as in others, our highest accomplishments still have the single aim of bringing men together. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- The six and one-fourth hours' television watching (the American average per day) which non-reading children do is what is called alpha-level learning. The mind needn't make any pictures since the pictures are provided, so the mind cuts current as low as it can. - Carol Bly
- Today, of course, it is considered very poor taste to use the F-word except in major motion pictures. - Dave Barry
- At bottom every man know well enough that he is a unique being, only once on this earth; and by no extraordinary chance will such a marvellously picturesque piece of diversity in unity as he is, ever be put together a second time. - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
- One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures. - Governor George W. Bush
- The language of excitement is at best picturesque. You must be calm before you can utter oracles. - Henry David Thoreau
- The difference between courtship and marriage is the difference between the pictures in a seed catalogue and what comes up. - James Wharton
- Treat your friends as you do your pictures, and place them in their best light. - Jennie Jerome Churchill
- We took pictures of the native girls, but they weren't developed.... But we're going back next week. - Julius Henry "Groucho" Marx
- A painter paints pictures on canvas. Musicians paint their pictures on silence. - Leopold Stokowski
- What is the use of a book, thought Alice, without pictures or conversations? - Lewis Carroll
- Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time. - Motto of the Baltimore Grotto
- It is my misfortune - and probably my delight - to use things as my passions tell me. What a miserable fate for a painter who adores blondes to have to stop himself putting them into a picture because they don't go with the basket of fruit! ... I put all the things I like into my pictures. The things - so much the worse for them. They just have to put up with it. - Pablo Picasso
- Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself. - Samuel Butler
- It is not the language of painters but the language of nature which one should listen to.... The feeling for the things themselves, for reality, is more important than the feeling for pictures. - Vincent van Gogh
- If people are highly successful in their professions they lose their senses. Sight goes. They have no time to look at pictures. Sound goes. They have no time to listen to music. Speech goes. They have no time for conversation. They lose their sense of proportion - the relations between one thing and another. Humanity goes. - Virginia Woolf
- The happiest people are those who think the most interesting thoughts. Those who decide to use leisure as a means of mental development, who love good music, good books, good pictures, good company, good conversation, are the happiest people in the world. And they are not only happy in themselves, they are the cause of happiness in others. - William Lyon Phelps
- There is too much talk and gossip; pictures are apparently made, like stock-market prices, by competition of people eager for profits.... All this traffic sharpens our intelligence and falsifies our judgment. - Edgar Degas
Hey! You like Art Sarnoff Prints? Dogs playing pool and poker, you know the ones? Guess what - me too, and I have Dogs Playing Pool right here!